Sales Manager – Full Time/Permanent Position
Abbott has an immediate opening for the exciting role of Sales Manager. Reporting to the Director of Business Development and working out of our Toronto office, the Sales Manager will be responsible for driving sales efforts and for accelerating sales growth for all of our products through all sales channels in Canada and the USA.
We are seeking a results-driven self-starter with a demonstrated track record of success in leading sales teams; a sound decision maker who is able to identify connections and trends and use them to advise/create new sales strategies; a relationship builder, communicator, negotiator and influencer; a leader with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. You have a thorough understanding of current sales and business development concepts and practices and consistently act with integrity.
Abbott Collection is a leader in the North American Gift and Home Décor industry. The company services independent retailers through our Toronto Showroom and office, several gift shows, online presence and a network of sales representatives. We are proud of our undisputed reputation for providing innovative product selection and superior customer service, established over 70 years in business. Our success is largely due to the involved commitment and team focus of our employees. We have a great social atmosphere with social outings, company picnic, lunchtime BBQs and corporate yoga.
• Set strategic sales direction with Director of Business Development
• Set priorities for our business and our team within our B2B and Key Account channels
• Develop and execute sales plans and targets
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies
• Oversee the management of Key/National Accounts; Develop relationships at the executive level with key accounts
• Maintain a structure and appropriate balance between account maintenance and new business development
• Actively bring new productivity tools and processes to the Sales Team to accelerate success and fulfill company goals
• Manage the Sales Team to promote our products and grow sales according to our sales policies, procedures and established objectives.
• Mentor and support our team of independent Sales Reps with regular call cycle visits, goal setting techniques, and working with customers to enhance the Company’s profile and sales at retail
• Coach Sales Reps in their selling techniques and territory management
• Find/build new market opportunities
• Recruit, organize, train and manage employees and Sales Reps
• Review territory sales coverage to ensure efficient coverage of all accounts
• Analyze detailed monthly sales reports, make recommendations and take appropriate action
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to senior management
• Participate in national trade shows in both Canada and US
• Minimum 5 years of Sales Management experience in the B2B/Consumer Goods industry
• University or College degree, preferably in a business related discipline
• Proven track record in leading high performing teams in B2B sales
• Experience managing large national accounts
• Extroverted, outgoing personality with superior networking and relationship building ability
• Strong analytical and negotiation abilities
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Excellent planning, organizing, and time management skills
• Ability to successfully navigate internally with various departments with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to multitask and effectively handle several projects/priorities simultaneously
• Proficient with MS Office and strong overall computer literacy
• Willing to travel, including travel to USA
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to Fred Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org.