Junior Web Designer
We have an immediate requirement to fill the role of Junior Web Designer. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Junior Web Designer is responsible for coordinating, planning, maintaining and managing the look and feel, content and functionality of the Abbott website (B2B) and the company’s online presence through various B2C sites.
A strong eye for detail, a creative edge and a passion for gift & home decor industry are a strong asset.
• Create, publish, manage and grow the company’s online presence and brand through various social media channels and other strategically relevant online properties.
• Update and maintain content in various B2C market places. (Image uploads, descriptions, links, etc.)
• Maintain and develop web standards, manage updates and launch new product as per launch schedule.
• Daily administration of website, updates, adding, moving, or deleting data, creating and reorganizing product categories as needed.
• Testing and troubleshooting for errors and potential areas for improvement.
• Employ SEO best practices to ensure visibility on search engines
• Analytics – use a variety of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Algolia and Hotjar) to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
• Improve and monitor the performance of key landing pages.
• Contribute to the development of website processes and procedures.
Skill / Qualifications:
• Strong knowledge of WordPress. Working knowledge of Excel and Photoshop.
• A passion for home décor and gift products.
• Excellent English writing skills including grammar, punctuation and creativity. French language an asset.
• Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail is essential.
• Self-motivated professional who takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment.
• Ability to follow timelines and instructions.
• Organization skills and ability to meet deadlines is mandatory
This is a full-time, in-house position located at our Toronto Head Office. Please forward resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this position and salary expectation to email@example.com