Web Coordinator & Junior Graphic Designer
Here’s your chance to join our fresh & fabulous home décor company. We have an immediate requirement to fill the role of Web Coordinator & Junior Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Web Coordinator & Junior Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for maintaining and managing the look and feel, content and functionality of the Abbott (B2B) website and the company’s online presence through various B2C sites. The Web Coordinator & Junior Graphic Designer will also be handed design projects from the Creative Director and/or the Senior Graphic Designer.
A strong eye for detail, a creative edge and a passion for the gift/home decor/fashion industry are a strong asset.
This is a unique opportunity to learn many skills in the Marketing/Creative Department. You will be a key part of the team, allowing us to complete multiple projects and tasks. The 6 of us work as a team to complete catalogues, emailers, update the website, provide collateral material for the sales team, research and develop proprietary products, and much more. Your primary focus will be to manage the website, but you will also have design projects, creating internal collateral, and an opportunity to share ideas. You will be responsible for manipulating a large number of images, linking images to products, providing web analytics, proofing, etc.
Abbottcollection.com is a leader in the North American Gift and Home Décor industry. The company services independent retailers through our Toronto Showroom and office, several gift shows, online presence and a network of sales representatives. We are proud of our undisputed reputation for providing innovative product selection and superior customer service, established over 60 years in business. Our success is largely due to the involved commitment and team focus of our employees. We have a great social atmosphere with social outings, company picnic, lunchtime BBQs and corporate yoga.
Abbott Website – Keep the site looking “pretty”. Products come and go regularly. You will need to keep the categories and sub-categories relevant by moving products around, add and removing subsections, and creating themed subsections regularly. Therefore, you should have an interest in home décor and design to be comfortable in this position. Also:
- Update home page images and details, update events, programs and promo pages.
- Troubleshoot issues encountered by sales department, customers etc.
- Upload and attach images to products. Manage descriptions, keywords and metadata (no writing required).
- Maintain and develop web standards, manage updates and launch new product as per launch schedule.
Email Campaigns – Create and prepare art, based on calendar of events. Proof text.
Image Manipulation – Clean images, add drop shadows, combine images, etc.
Social – Post primarily to our blog. Writing experience an asset, but not required. Post to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- WORDPRESS! You must be very comfortable understanding and using WordPress.
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Algolia (can be learned in-house) and other plug-ins on WordPress. Plus the usual social media platforms.
- Excellent English writing skills including grammar and punctuation. French language an asset but not required.
- Self-motivated professional who takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment.
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines is mandatory.
Extra Skills: If you can speak/write French, illustrate, and/or manipulate video you will make it to the top of the resume list. These extra skills are not required.
This is a full-time, in-house position located at our Toronto Head Office. Please forward resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this position direct to Christina Loison, Creative Director: Christina.L@abbottcollection.com